Apr 24, 2011

I Forgot I Wanted That!

Buying stuff should be fun.


Remembering ALL the stuff you want to buy should be easy.


Amazon's Universal Wish List makes it simple to keep track of all the *stuff* you come across as you "window-shop" the internet.


What makes Amazon's Universal Wish-List Universal?


Amazon has set it up so that you can add items from any website to the list you create on their site.


Simply install the proper extension for your default browser and your all set.


At this point, you might be asking yourself why I'm writing about this.


The answer is two-fold.

  1. I've been looking for an effective method to keep track of all the impulse items that I run across when I'm browsing. Who knows - maybe one day I'll decide to spend the loot on those headphones.
  2. I realized that I can also use Amazon's Wish-Lists to keep track of gift ideas that are "hinted" at by loved ones during the course of everyday conversation.

Basically, this is something that has helped me so I thought it might help you.

This idea is nothing new. Merlin Mann had a post about how to use Amazon's wish list on his 43 Folders blog way back in 2004.

If only I had known then what I know now.

Check out my list. No - I don't expect you to buy me anything. Unless......

No comments:

Post a Comment